Asthma is a disease that can not be underestimated, the disease can affect all ages is no exception in children. It is therefore important for you to diagnose asthma in childhood to ensure proper care.
If you ask how to diagnose asthma in children, the following is do as follows:
- Physical examination. When the child severe cough at night and accompanied by difficulty breathing, you should consult a doctor. The emergence of whistling sound during breathing is also a common finding asthma. Through the examination, the doctor will understand the severity of the disease. It is one of the best ways to diagnose asthma in children.
- Non-seasonal symptoms. Pollen allergy is generally mistaken for asthma. While the symptoms of seasonal pollen occurs during the blooming of any particular interest. Note the symptoms are very closely and carefully to make an early diagnosis.
- Frequent respiratory tract infections. Respiratory infection is often considered a risk factor for the development of asthma. Infection and inflammation will make the airway is blocked, causing the child difficulty breathing. So, if your child has these symptoms along with breathing difficulties you may suspect that he suffered from asthma.
- Spirometry test. With a spirometer, the lungs of children examined thoroughly to determine lung capacity. It is a respiratory analysis method that can be done for children over the age of 5. Through this test, doctors will be able to diagnose asthma correctly.
- Exhaled nitric oxide. With the exhaled nitric oxide test, you can find out if a child has inflammation of the airways. A mouth piece is saved and the child must breathe into it. Exhaled breath collected and tested for the level of nitric oxide. This is one way to diagnose asthma in infants.
- X-ray of the chest. One of the most easy and simple method for diagnosing asthma is to take a chest x-ray. This can be done for children and adults. For children over five years, a chest X-ray is a diagnostic method that is easy and reliable way to detect asthma.
That is some way to diagnose asthma early in children. If you already have a family history of asthma, the more chances that your children will also experience the same problem. So, pay attention to early symptoms of asthma in children and help them lead a healthy life.